Thursday, June 25, 2009

I did it!

Two of the things that often cause my downfall are perfectionism and procrastination. They go hand in hand. I tend to be a perfectionist, which at first look doesn’t seem plausible, but my perfectionism leads to my procrastination. I can’t do the job completely, it seems too daunting to start, I only have a short amount of time and I tell myself it isn’t worth starting if I can’t finish.

I have to work hard to keep myself from falling into that trap too often. If I let things get too far behind then it will feel overwhelming so I don’t start. One of my goals is to do something each day, even if it is something small.

Yesterday I only got one thing done, I cleaned out my purse. Boy did it need it. It would be easy to fall into the trap of thinking it wasn’t enough, it was such a small thing that it hardly counts, but it does. Every accomplishment toward your goal is an accomplishment. Big or small doesn’t matter when you can say, “I did it!”
sig-1

No comments: