Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Grocery Challenge

Okay, could I have blown my budget any worse this week? And it’s only Tuesday.


First stop was Walmart where I spent $10.62. I had to stock up on band aids since munchkin number two ripped a toenail off, usually I wouldn’t be buying quite so many unless they were on super sale to stock up. I also have to get the latex free kind for his latex allergy. All in all not a bad trip to Walmart, and now I’m ready to make some Chex mix!




Next stop was Gerbes. Super great shopping trip IMO. I spent $17.08 and had $18.44 in savings. Can’t beat that. The best deal was the cereal for $0.50 a box. Just about everything else was on a 10 for $10 sale and I had coupons for the mandarin oranges.




I probably should’ve stopped there and be great, but no, I had to go to the new HyVee store. I did get the pasta for $1 a box which is good, and the chocolate chips were on sale plus a coupon and a great deal since we love baking cookies around here. Okay, so I love baking cookies and everyone else loves eating cookies. It’s not pictured, but if you know me, you know I’m addicted to Cherry Coke. I have made the sacrifice of moving to the Cherry Coke Zero and it was on sale for 4 12packs for $10. So I HAD to stock up you know. They also had another grand opening deal for buy a ham and get a turkey free(also not pictured). The ham itself was $20, but it will feed us for quite a while and I got a free turkey that was worth $8.90. I spent (hanging head in shame) $39.96.




My grand total is $67.66. If it wasn’t for buying the Cherry Coke and the ham and free turkey I would’ve been fine, but I just couldn’t pass up such a deal. Okay, now I can’t buy anything next week. Which is okay since I won’t be doing much cooking for the week I shouldn’t need much. I just have to not look at the sale ads and realize how many deals I can stock up on.


sig-1

No comments: